- Raise wheel and check run out, using a square and chalk. Mark the high and low spots and keep them parallel to the floor during alignment procedure.
- Make certain that each of the points on the three set screws barely protrude beyond casting.
- Hold the WA 1OOONVA1001 MAGNETIC GAUGE RIM ADAPTOR as near vertical and centered to the wheel as practical. Rest double leg on the first step of the wheel so that the machined surfaces are both held firmly down and against the wheel. Tighten the thumb screw firmly.
- Loosen thumb screw on the single leg and raise the leg until the machined surfacesfirmly contact the first step up and in against the top of the wheel. Tighten the thumb screws as firmly as possible.
- HAND TIGHTEN the three set screws as firmly as possible.
- HAND TIGHTEN the thumb screws on the rocker arm until the three screws contact the wheel sufficiently to hold the ADAPTOR in place.
DO NOT USE TOOLS TO TIGHTEN THE THUMB SCREW ON THE ROCKER THIS EXCESSIVE PRESSURE MAY DAMAGE OR FRACTURE THE CASTING.
- Apply WA0684 MAGNETIC GAUGE to large center disk on square bar and read Gauge in conventional manner.